- Laws of Physics Don’t Apply: Some say the laws of physics don’t apply in the Bermuda Triangle region and point to the fact that it is one of two places in the world where a compass will not point to true magnetic north.
- Electronic Fog: Rob Macgregor and Bruce Gernon co-wrote a novel together called The Fog arguing an electronic fog is the source of the strange phenomena. Bruce Gernon experienced the fog first hand with his father as they flew toward the Bahamas. Their plane entered a tunnel shaped vortex of clouds with weight act scrapped the wings of the plane and disrupted all the electronic and magnetic navigational equipment. At the end of the vortex they could only see more dull, grayish white for miles. After 34 minutes they reached Miami Beach, a trip that should have taken them 75 minutes.
- Time Space rip: some believe certain spots within the triangle are rips in space-time, though this would certainly be hard to prove.
- Leftover Technology From Atlantis: Some believe the phenomena are caused by leftover technology from Atlantis. They point to a rock formation called Bimini road as leftover from Atlantis. Some geologists consider it to be of natural origin. The psychic Edgar Cayce predicted evidence of Atlantis would be discovered in 1968, and pointed to the discovery of Bimini road in the same year as confirmation of his prediction. Dr. Ray Brown found compelling evidence supporting this theory in 1970 while scuba diving near the Bari Islands in the Bahamas. He says he found a pyramid like structure constructed of smooth stone looking like a mirror. The inside was devoid of coral or algae and illuminated by an unknown light source. In the center was a sculpture of human hands holding a crystal sphere above which was a red gem suspended at the end of a brass rod. What I would like to know is if anyone else has ever discovered this pyramid or been brought to the site to verify his claims.
- Alien Abduction/ UFOs like the movie CE3K, many believe aliens abducted the vanished crews, ships, and planes. Others point out that aliens could have taken people from inside their home with less effort.
The main theories either call the whole thing a hoax or the consequence of accumulated errors or go the complete other direction by saying it was aliens or lost Atlantis technology. Whatever is going on there, it sure is spooky and I can only hope the crew members were taken by aliens to some paradise. I’d like to think the souls of the murdered African slaves have moved on to a better place by now and are not trapped in the Ocean cursing ships and planes. What do you think happened? Do you believe any of these theories? Which do you think is the most plausible? Which is the most farfetched? Is the Bermuda Triangle’s reputation unearned? I’d love to hear your take on this mystery!